Take Off Your Coat, And Leave It At The Door.

11:33 PM

"Remember to just take off your coat, and leave it at the door", my mother would call out to me as I left to go out. "Pish posh", I thought. 

I have never fully understood what that meant until now.

You see, we all wear this coat, whether we like it or not. Within this coat contains our insecurities, doubts, fears, the things we don't like about ourselves, whatever negativity we can associate with ourselves-- it's in this coat, and we go out into the world with this coat on. 

Many of us don't even realize we have this coat on, and many others think that others don't have a coat like theirs;  however, we still wear this coat. So, in my insightful mother's words, "just take off your coat, and leave it at the door". 

But it sounds so simple! -- IT IS!

Now this may sound silly, but I challenge you to try it. If you can literally envision all of the negative things about yourself on a coat that you, yourself are wearing, accept that you have one, and then when you go somewhere or do something, envision taking that coat off-- it is incredible. It has helped me become more confident, happy, approachable, courageous, outgoing-- you name it! It is also important to remember that other people wear this coat as well-- one identical to the one you are wearing, but fashioned with different colors, ties, and pins. Then you can do the proper, chivalrous thing and help them remove their coat-- just by having yours removed!

So the next time you freak out about your hyperhidrosis, just remember-- "take off your coat, and leave it at the door". 

Happy Wednesday!

xoxo,
Sweaty and Hawt Girl

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I have hyperhidrosis in my hands and a little bit on my feet. and armpits
    I've been self conscious about it for years, and I still am, I'm afraid of high fives and shaking hands. I love holding hands with my friends.. Which i felt I couldn't do though... But . my 3 closest friendss don't care anymore, one of them says it's like a super power, because they'll my hands will be dry, and I can make them wet by thinking about it... (it's weird) and well I'm glad they've accepted it, because it's really helped me accept it too. Its also helped that I realized I'm not the only one with it. :) I really like this post about the coat thing I think that could really apply to everyone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anonymous!

      First off-- thanks so much for reading! It makes me so happy to hear from others! I can totally relate with all of your self consciousness. Hahaha my friends sometimes talk about my hands as a super power too! I think it's endearing to have people that love you and can turn something like this into a happy, funny thing. I'm glad you liked the post! Keep it classy!

      xoxo,
      Sweaty and Hawt.

      Delete
  2. Hello! I love reading your blog.

    Just like you, I've got it in my hands and feet and armpits. My close friends are pretty cool with it, and I love that, but people that don't know about it have a hard time accepting it, so it's just unfortunate.
    But my real question is,what advice do you give me for Prom tonight? Tonight is my senior prom and I'm going with my best friend, which she is really cool about my hyperhidrosis, but I still feel like it's gonna gross her out when I dance with her. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous!

      Thank you bunches for reading!! It makes me happy. AH okay I'm so sorry I feel like I may have missed you before prom! BUT. I hope you are absolutely enjoying it and living it up-- Senior prom is definitely a night to remember and you are so lucky to have to opportunity to go! Especially with your best friend! My advice to you would be to truly use what I talk about in the post above tonight^^. You will find the most happiness if you can truly let it go and just enjoy the moment and choose to be happy. The great thing is that we still have our agency to make the decision to let this problem effect us! So choose wisely and make the most of it! I think it will be an example and will show her your confidence and happiness if you choose to do so. I totally know that feeling though and can empathize- I remember feeling the EXACT same way on my Prom night with the boy of my dreams. SO SCARY. Be yourself- and if she is a good friend, she will live it up with you and you guys can party it up! Hope that helped-- have a BLAST tonight! Much love!

      xoxo,
      Sweaty and Hawt.

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images