Sweaty and Hawt is Back in and...

3:58 PM

I grew up thinking I would never get married.

Self conscious. Even more sweaty around a boy that I liked.
Nervous. Anxious. Sweaty. Even worse-- drippy. I thought no one would ever think that that was beautiful.

That was, until July 6, 2013.
"I'm so sorry", I said to my boyfriend as I pulled my hand away from his for the millionth time. "My hands are always so sweaty."I was feeling down on myself because I always thought I was grossing people out, and I thought this would be the same instance.

But he pulled me by the shoulders and spun me around to face him. 
"Don't ever be sorry again", he said. "I don't care. I like it. I like you. Just the way you are." He took my hand and wiped it on his shirt, interlaced my fingers again with his, and kept on walking-- talking to me as if nothing had happened.

That was when I knew someone could love me for all of me. When I knew that he was different. When I knew I wanted someone like... like him.

On December 28, 2013, that man held my hands across an altar, I stared into his deep blue eyes, and we were married for time and all eternity.

And
I grew up thinking I would never get married.

I am not writing this to have you all cheer for me and to congratulate me. I am not writing this because I am an exception.

I am writing this so that hopefully you can all change your minds a little bit about yourselves. We have the power to create the life we live in, to create our happiness and our worlds. The results we see in life are in direct correlation with the small decisions we make each and every day. We all have difficulties here in this life. Learn from them. Grow from them. Don't look back or let them hold you back-- we are our greatest bullies. Be the kind of person you want to marry. 

People will bash on you and fight you and tell you you're not pretty enough-- but it is up to you to believe it. And if you do, someone else will too. But if you believe in yourself, and your sweaty hands and embrace who you are, someone else will too. 

I grew up thinking I would never get married.
I am now a wife to my best friend, the love of my life, and the man who believed in me even when I didn't myself.

Xoxo,

Sweaty and Hawt Girl.

I love your emails! Keep them coming! Follow on instagram :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hey! I noticed you haven't blogged in a while but that's OK :) life gets busy. I just wanted to tell you thank you so much for your blog, it really helped me through a lot of things that was going on at the time. Even though u may not know it you really helped a stranger (like me) in the best way possible. I hope you still continue your blog, I know you have other things to do but honestly I really do enjoy your posts! I always keep re-checking if you'll post a new one haha. Even if you don't continue I just wanna thank you & the impact this blog had on me. Best luck in everything you pursue (and I hope you achieve all of them),

    Fellow hh survivor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl!! I am TOTALLY continuing it! I am in a much less busy time of life now and I want to do this full time!! I am doing a Q&A video on Sunday, so comment with any questions and I will be sure to answer them!! Thanks so much for all of your support!! Keep on going! :)

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images