Yearning For Change

10:30 PM

*This is a summary of events, some taken from my journal. Enjoy! Thanks for reading:)*

I had my whole summer planned out accordingly. I would leave to college in the fall, and this was my last summer before things got serious. We planned on having the surgery mid July, leaving just enough time for me to heal properly before I would make the trek to a new life. It was perfect. A new me. A new life. No more hot, sweaty Arizona summers for me. This was the summer I was going to get the life changing ETS surgery.

For those who may not be familiar with the ETS surgery, it is a so found "cure" for those with hyperhidrosis. However, although a minimally evasive surgery, it is still dangerous. They collapse your lungs, and clamp or clip the nerves in your spinal column that trigger the sweating in your hands, and sometimes can stop the sweating in your feet, too. For more information, look on the Mayo Clinic Website. 

For years I had wanted this surgery, and my mom always simply said, "no". She was anxious, as a mom would be, but I was distraught. I just wanted my life to be better-- and I thought that this surgery would be the solution. After many months of just coping, my mother finally agreed that I could go and get a consultation. Shedding tears with the doctor, my mother decided that for an early 18th birthday present, I could get this surgery. It was my life and what I wanted. I didn't even care about the side effects of the surgery. This trial of mine needed to end

That summer was a good one for me. Graduation, trips to the beach, getting tan, going up to the mountains, being with friends for the last time, country music, and my all-time favorite: the lake. Day time, nighttime, I love the lake! Lake Powell was different this year; the days were spent talking to my mother about the surgery and my family and I reminiscing about embarrassing stories. They were all excited for the new me.

Lake Powell. July 3. What a gorgeous place.

"The sun wakes me up early--- 6 am. I hike up the canyon alone, stopping to sit on what feels like the top of the world. I am an adventurer. An explorer. The lake stretches out for miles as smooth as glass, the hot sun bakes my body from the outside in. A cool breeze brushes against me, gently sweeping the hair around my face. It tickles. I smile and reach for my hair in an effort to brush it back. Then I feel it. A wet streak left on my face. I stare out at the beauty of the Earth and contemplate who I will be in a couple of weeks: a changed, better person, someone without this trial. My life will then be complete. My life will then be changed forever." Little did I know how right I was.

We left Lake Powell and made the journey back to Arizona. I just wanted it to be the day. I just wanted to be changed already.

Then it came. July 12, 2012.

"Welp, today I get surgery! Right now it's 4:45 am and about 10 minutes before I leave for surgery. I know that all will be well! God will protect me and take care of me. I am so excited for this day which will change my life... FOREVER. Well I'm off to the hospital. See ya when I'm sweat free!"

Sweat free? Or not?
...To be continued...

xoxo,

Sweaty and Hawt.

*Drop me a comment! Shoot me an email! I would love to hear your stories and feedback! Tune in for the rest of my story soon! :) Subscribe via email to be notified about my posts. Thanks for reading! Ps... you're all hawt.*

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. hi there,, im really happy u hve done make ets surgery,, hope will be well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ermm if u have a time,,, try to watching this drama,, the title is (1 litre of tears),,its come from the true story. This drama is about a girl who was diagnosed with a disease called “Spinocerebellar Degeneration” when she was 15 years old, and was able to continue her life until her death at the age of 25 years old.
    The plot is based on the true story of a Japanese girl named Kito Aya, who had the same disease. She kept writing in her diary to remember her experiences until she could no longer hold a pen. Aya simply wished to live until the end of her life, and the purpose of writing in the diary was to remind herself to not give up. She shed tears many times, at the same time encompassed by the rich love and support from her family, friends, and boyfriend. Her diary “1 Litre of Tears” was published after her death, because of its inspiring and courageous message from her

    U can watch the trailer here 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DHT8L-AteI

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images